This message from Tryon Medical CEO Dr. Dale Owen was sent to patients Monday, Mar. 16:
A patient of Tryon Medical Partners who we tested outside one of our facilities has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus. We are glad to report that at this time, this patient is resting at home and doing well. We wish this patient a speedy and full recovery that we will support in any way possible.
Tryon Medical team partners tested this individual outside of our location, per our usual testing protocol using every CDC-mandated precaution and best practice. They handled it perfectly. I want to take a moment to recognize our exceptional doctors and team partners who saw this process through – thoroughly, safely, efficiently and with utmost compassion. At Tryon Medical Partners, that care comes standard, for this patient and for you.
Here’s what you need to know:
- With the exponential growth in coronavirus cases, and more in Charlotte last week, this was an inevitable reality for our practice. That is why all Tryon Medical team partners take every precaution, every time, for every patient.
- This patient was properly screened and told to come for testing outside of our office. It is extremely important that you call our office before coming in, if you are sick!
- Screening this patient outside our office saved countless patients and Tryon Medical staff from inadvertent exposure. This is why we are opening our first remote testing location tomorrow.
- It is still safe for you to come to the office for your appointment. With Tryon Virtual Connect On Demand (that starts tomorrow), you can reach one of our primary care providers without leaving your home.
Tryon Medical Partners cares for 130,000 patients, equating to 15% of Mecklenburg County residents. We are working around the clock to lessen the risk to patients, staff and physicians.
What can you do?
- Don’t be frightened.
- Truth and knowledge are powerful. Know that every day, we update our coronavirus resource page that can easily be accessed from the top of our website homepage, TryonMed.com.
- Practice proper hand washing hygiene, social distancing and if necessary, self-quarantine to slow the spread of this virus.
We will all get through this together.
Tryon Medical Partners CEO Dr. Dale Owen