The Charlotte Observer posted this March 27, 2020, story by Hannah Smoot on the opening of Tryon Medical Partners’ second remote testing clinic, to expedite flu and COVID-19 testing, and keep Tryon Medical Partners’ offices safe for health patients.
Read below for highlights of the story, and please read the entire article on The Charlotte Observer website.
- The independent medical practice will open a drive-thru testing clinic at 1 p.m. Friday at 900 East Morehead Street, formerly Art’s BBQ & Deli. An appointment is required and patients must first be screened by a doctor with the practice before being tested at the center. Patients are urged to call their doctor prior to arriving at a medical facility if they suspect they have COVID-19.
- Tryon Medical’s first Charlotte-area drive-thru COVID-19 testing clinic opened March 17 on Matthews Township Parkway and saw nearly 50 patients in the first day. Both locations will be open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Tryon CEO Dale Owen said the tests usually take four days to receive results.
- “We still have an opportunity to starve the virus by stepping up our social distancing and quarantine efforts — but everyone must change their daily routine to stop this virus,” he said in a statement Friday.
- The drive-thru testing clinic is open to Tryon Medical patients. New patients can register with the practice before testing.
- Patients at the Tryon Medical testing clinic will first be tested for the flu, according to the practice. If the flu test is negative, doctors will test for COVID-19.
- Tryon Medical serves more than 130,000 in the Charlotte region.