What is the patient portal?
The simplest way to think about the patient portal is a direct link to your clinician. Unlike Tryon’s phone line, where you’ll speak with other Tryon team members, the portal provides the opportunity for patients to communicate with their clinician in their own words and on their own timeline.
When should I use the patient portal?
Although the patient portal can be used in many ways, there are three moments when the patient portal will be the most efficient:
- (Re)filling prescriptions. The portal is optimized to allow patients to log into the portal, send a single message to their clinician, and receive their prescription only a couple of days later. This is especially helpful for patients who are consistently on the same medications so they can stay on top of their schedule.
- Following up on lab results. The portal allows patients to see lab results immediately when they become available. This provides patients with results days faster than it would take by calling. However, it may take up to 10 days for the clinician to review and add notes to the lab results. All critical labs will be addressed in a timely manner.
- Asking clinical questions. Any clinical questions are best sent through the portal where you can reach your clinician at the click of a button. Of course, if it’s an emergency, it’s best to call 911. But if you have a non-urgent question or just want your clinician’s perspective, the portal is a great option.
When should I call Tryon Patient Connect or use MedChat?
MedChat is Tryon’s live chat feature that allows you to type messages and get real time answers from a member of Tryon Patient Connect to:
- Request an appointment
- Cancel and reschedule an appointment
- Refill a prescription
- Pay bills
- Get directions and fax numbers
Phone calls are most appropriate to:
- Reschedule appointments
- Request referrals
- Triage symptoms
- Register as a new patient – there is even a dedicated phone line for new patients!
How can I access the patient portal?
The Tryon team is working to make it as easy as possible for patients to access the portal. There’s now a link to the portal on the homepage. If you’re a new or existing patient with questions, the Tryon Patient Connect team will be happy to assist you in accessing the portal.
Can I register for the patient portal with a shared email account?
To ensure patient privacy, you can only use one email per patient portal account. If you share an email account with someone, you need to use a separate email to access the portal.
If I stop calling Tryon, will the call center disappear?
Tryon Patient Connect is here to stay! Our call center will never go away, and there will always be a critical team at Tryon to problem solve and address patient needs over the phone.