Tryon Medical Partners’ CEO Dr. Dale Owen has been featured in Bloomberg News’ Prognosis Podcast, a new series on the current state of American healthcare.
Reporter John Tozzi talked to Dr. Owen who is featured on Part Two of the podcast entitled “The Doctor, the Patient, and Everything in Between.” This episode is also available on Apple Podcasts.
The podcast covers:
- The consolidation trend in healthcare
- The growth of hospital-based healthcare groups like Atrium Health
- The struggles independent physicians’ groups have historically faced and how they have overcome them
- The birth of Tryon Medical Partners and the role of primary care in defragmenting service delivery
- Tryon Medical Partners’ role in changing the traditional healthcare fee-for-service model, to keep patients healthier
- The birth of insurance alternatives, like Tryon Direct