Tryon Medical Partners plans for expansion were announced in this June 28, 2022, story in The Charlotte Observer written by Hannah Smoot entitled, “Tryon Medical Partners eyes expansion amid huge Atrium Health merger. Here’s what’s next.”
Below are a few highlights of the story. Read the story in its entirety on The Charlotte Observer website.
- Almost four years ago, a group of roughly 90 physicians split off from Atrium Health, accusing the health care giant of monopolistic and anti-competitive behavior. Now, even as Atrium Health navigates a plan to double in size, those physicians, now Tryon Medical Partners, say there’s a “clear-cut path” for growth for independent groups in the Charlotte area.
- In fact, Charlotte-based Tryon Medical Partners is opening up another new location later this year. The practice’s 11th office is expected to open on Billingsley Road off of Randolph Road in late fall.
- Last September, Tryon Medical opened a new clinic at 630 Matthews Township Parkway, a larger clinic to replace its old Matthews location. Tryon Medical Partners also has three lots ready for future development, Owen said.
- In 2019, Owen told the Observer: “This is our goal, this is our mission: And that’s to free physicians from hospital systems so they can take care of patients in the most efficient, cost-efficient and value-based way possible.”
- “For non-hospital physicians like Tryon Medical Partners, it’s a great opportunity,” he said. “There’s a clear-cut path for independent physicians. … Primary care is especially in a very good position to be able to control its own destiny.”
- In 2018, Tryon Medical Partners got its start with 88 doctors and 115,000 patients, Owen said. Now, the practice has 105 physicians and 185,000 patients — that accounts for more than 20% of the adult population in Mecklenburg County.