When fall arrives, it brings fall allergies. I dropped by my friends at “Charlotte Today,” with five ways to get relief during this prime allergy season. Watch the interview here, or see my tips below!
- Avoid allergens by washing your clothes and hair more often. Change your pillowcases frequently and keep your windows closed.
- Rinse your sinuses. Invest in a Neti pot and use it as directed.
- Get the right nasal spray. There is a big difference between saline spray and steroidal nasal sprays, which have been proven to be highly effective.
- Use medicine as directed. A once-a-day antihistamine will work wonders, but you must take it every day, not just when you feel worse.
- Know when you need to consult an allergist. If your symptoms are bad enough, consider getting a referral to a specialist and investing in allergy shots.